Merlin Kurkbury, Waxed Armoured JacketRegular price £279.99 Save £-279.99
Merlin Bike Gear are masters at blending classic look and feel with modern technology and performance. Merlin have raised the bar again with the Kurkbury motorcycle jacket, the latest addition to the Merlin Heritage range. A traditional trials / tourist styled motorcycle jacket which also fulfills all the expectations of the modern biker.
The Merlin Kurkbury is made from Cotec, Scottish mill, Halley Stevensons latest fabric. Cotec is an evolution of traditional waxed cotton blended with man-made fibres to achieve lighter weight, better breathability, easier maintenance and superior abrasion resistance. Without any loss of style the jacket is more protective and more comfortable to wear.
Not stopping at abrasion resistance, Merlin have upgraded the impact protection by including the latest D3O LP1 CE Level AA rated armour in the elbows and shoulders. There's also a back pocket to take additional optional armour. We, of course recommend D3O. It's more flexible and breathable due to its ventilated geometry.
Then there's comfort. As a belted, three quarter length jacket, the Kurkbury has a vintage style which keeps it shaped to you body, keeping the wind out and warmth in.
The removable Outlast®thermal lining will keep you warm in winter and cooler on warmer days. And for the really hot days it can be removed. A Reissa®Active waterproof and breathable membrane sits beneath the Cotec outer layer making sure the rain stays out.
Available in sizes small - 3 extra large.
- Halley Stevensons 8oz Cotec fabric
- Reissa®Active waterproof/breathable membrane
- Marton Mills Scottish tartan panels
- Outlast®climate control lining
- Fixed cotton lining
- D30 shoulder and elbow protectors pre-fitted (CE compliance to EN1621-1:2012)
- Pocket for back protector (D30 bought separately)
- Four patch pockets closed by flap and stud
- Inside facing jet pocket
- Large rear storage pocket closed by flap and stud
- Internal storage pockets
- Adjustable/fold back collar
- Adjustable waist belt for an improved fit
- Split hem zipper for comfort in the riding position
- Side entry hand warmer pockets
- Jacket to jean connecting zipper